Research has shown that the design of student housing plays a substantial role in attracting the highest demand, placing premium on preference, and rewarding developments that focus on the well-being of the student.
The Vaal River Student Village is a superior design and boasts the following unique macro-design elements:
- This will be the first ever green built student village and will lead to major cost savings in ongoing utilities and maintenance.
- A modern architectural design emphasizes the interconnected and social environment so important to students.
- With an emphasis on a healthy, natural environment comes improved productivity and sustainable living.
- Stronger social networks and increased environmental awareness are at the heart of the design. For example: Each building of 12 units has 90m2 of social roof space.
- The interior space saving design, with luxury finishes have been created to provide a sense of openness that belies the clever compact green design. The interior colours and feel of the rooms were specifically designed to create a calm and homely feel